Thursday, September 24, 2009

Dear Charlie . . .

You know when you were in middle school or high school and needed to break it off but didn't want to do it in person? What did you do? You wrote a note. Kind of like a "Dear John, " letter someone may leave when walking out. Well, my advice is for Brad Lidge to get off the plane from Milwaukee Sunday night, take a cab to Citizens Bank Park and leave this "Dear Charlie" letter on the pitcher's mound . . . in the bullpen (Please Brad, don't step foot back on the mound).



Dear Charlie,

I have been thinking a lot about us lately. I am really torn as to what to do with us. I really loved the times we have spent together. We have had so many wonderful times in the past 18 months. Remember the "Season of Perfection" last year and the 48 perfect saves? Remember the amazing triple play Eric turned to save us from a Mets drubbing earlier this year? That is what I remember. The great times where we bonded.



But now, every time I look into your eyes, I see Houston. I see Albert on that scary October night back in 2005. That is something I think I will never get over. I want to, but too much has happened. I want us to work it out, I really do, but I don't think it is going to happen. It's not fair to you or us. I hope you can understand, but I think we need to go our separate ways now. I will never forget you or the times we shared.



With All My Heart,

Brad

No comments:

Post a Comment