Thursday, September 10, 2009

Rauuuuuuuul to the Rescue


Let me just tell you that the last few nights I have felt like wearing a big triangular red "R" on my chest, drape a red cape around my neck and fly off into the sunset. The Superman, aka Raul Ibanez, that we so much depended on when Ryan Howard and Chase Utley were off to mediocre starts seems to be turning the corner. Just like when Jimmy Rollins sat out those few games in late June and then came out of his funk on a tear, Raul seems to be keeping pace.

His stats for the past three nights: 6-12 (.500 avg), 3hr, 5 xbh, 4 runs, and 4 rbis. The even scarier stat is against the Nationals: .485 avg, 9 hr, 22 rbi, 19 runs in 13 games. Maybe it's odd luck. But you know what? At this point and how the Phillies offense has been playing, I will take the return of Super Rauuuuuul anyplace and anytime I can get it.

Head into the clubhouse and put on that cape Raul. I'm following you!

1 comment:

  1. Nagging injury? Doesn't look like it, huh? Well, even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while. So, let's hope Rauuuulllll is no squirrel.

    ReplyDelete